After a summer with high booking levels in almost the entire country, TUI is investing heavily in Jönköping Airport for the coming season. In the summer program 2024, a total of five new charter lines will be launched from Jönköping, including to Rhodes, Cyprus and Kos.
The travel industry is on the rise after the pandemic reduced travel. With a successful summer in the rearview mirror and a strong start to winter sales, the leading travel operator TUI is making one of its biggest ever investments in the offer from regional airports. From late spring, TUI is expanding the charter program with five new destinations from Jönköping Airport.
– Our new summer program has a much wider selection of destinations from Jönköping, which gives our customers greater freedom of choice when choosing a destination. Many people prefer to travel from their regional airport and in this way we offer travelers an extra convenience and service that enhances the entire holiday experience, says Tommy Serban, commercial director at TUI.
– We are very happy about this investment that TUI is making in Jönköping. The fact that we can offer many different destinations is very much appreciated. Rhodes and Cyprus are former favorites that are often in demand, while Kos can be a real success as it is a destination we have never had before, says Henrik Älverdal, commercial manager at Jönköping Airport.
Irregular departures throughout the season
To enable the wider range of destinations, the new flight routes and departures need to be scheduled with some irregularity spread over the season. The historically popular destinations have more departures, while the new ones have fewer.
– In this way, we can offer more charter lines while ensuring that our capacity corresponds to demand, says Tommy Serban, commercial director at TUI.
Here are TUI's charter routes from Jönköping Airport in summer 2024
- Antalya, Turkey (New!) – two departures, May 15 and July 31.
- Chania/Crete, Greece – five departures during the period 19 May to 29 September.
- Kos, Greece (New!) – two departures, 30 May and 15 August.
- Larnaca, Cyprus (New!) – four departures in the period 22 May to 30 August.
- Mallorca, Spain (New!) – three departures, 11 May, 6 July and 21 September.
- Rhodes, Greece (New!) – seven departures in the period 26 May to 6 October.
All departures are operated by Jettime for TUI.
For further questions, please contact:
Henrik Älverdal, Commercial manager Jönköping Airport, phone: +46(0)36-31 12 08, e-mail: email@example.com
Dian Martinez Valencia, Communications Manager Sweden, TUI, phone: +46(0)73-148 96 40, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org